Terms and Conditions
Paul Fijal, CPO
Awake Labs Inc.
If you are a person who may be using this Reveal Stories (beta), or if you are a parent, legal guardian, educator, or caregiver of this person who may be using this Reveal Stories (beta) (beta), your consent is required. Please read this document and discuss it with your support team. You must indicate your consent to use this Reveal Stories (beta) when you download this app. When we say “you” or “your” in these Terms & Conditions, we mean you and/or the person who may take part in this Reveal Stories (beta); “we” means Awake Labs.
- Your participation is voluntary
Your participation is voluntary! You have the right to refuse to use this Reveal Stories (beta). If you decide to participate, you may still choose to withdraw at any time without any negative consequences to the medical care, education, or other services to which you are entitled or are presently receiving.
Please take time to read the following information carefully and to discuss it with your family, friends, and care team before you decide.
- Who developed this Reveal Stories (beta)?
This Reveal Stories (beta) has been designed and developed by Awake Labs Inc.
- What is the purpose of this (beta)?
Our primary goal is to promote health and independence for you and your family as these needs change and personal goals evolve.
Awake Labs is looking for help to test this Reveal Stories (beta) for the purpose of aiding in the development of Reveal Stories. Reveal Stories is a convenient way to share knowledge with your support team anytime, anywhere in order to help meet your goals. It helps you keep track of what’s important for you and your support team – behaviors, important events, learning & therapy progress, and more. Your therapists, teachers, and other caregivers can use Reveal Stories to view your notes and add their own. We do not guarantee any direct benefits from participating in the testing project.
- What is my role in the (beta)?
Your role is to collect data such as daily communication notes, changes in routine, diet, sleep, notes on social interaction, emotional regulation, detailed descriptions of behavior, Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence data, notable events, and more using the Reveal Stories Beta. You and your legal guardians are the owners of all the data that is recorded – whether at home, in the community, or elsewhere. You may be asked to provide feedback to Awake Labs.
- What does Awake Labs do with the data collected during the (beta)?
We use a machine learning technique called Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyze written text and extract information that relates to learning and therapy outcomes. Using NLP to analyze your data, we will seek to identify patterns and trends that may enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the care you receive. We will also seek to identify patterns and trends in anxiety events and their precursors. Your data will not be shared with anyone outside of Awake Labs without your permission.
- What are the risks?
Your account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. We implement safeguards to protect the security of the data you send us. While we strive to protect your personal information and to continuously improve our safeguards, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. No data transmission over the Internet or through mobile devices can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- What if new information becomes available that may affect my decision to participate?
You will be advised of any new information that becomes available that may affect your willingness to remain in this (beta).
- What happens if I decide to withdraw my consent to participate?
You may withdraw at any time without giving reasons. Withdrawal from the (beta) at any time will not result in any negative consequences to the medical care, education, or other services to which you are entitled or are presently receiving.
- How will my privacy be respected?
Your privacy and confidentiality will be respected. Awake Labs will not share personally identifiable information with any person, institution, entity or otherwise without your consent. Awake Labs will not share any of the data collected during this Beta with any person, institution, entity or otherwise without your consent.
- What happens if something goes wrong?
By giving consent, you do not give up any of your legal rights and you do not release Awake Labs, or anyone else from their legal and professional duties.
- Who do I contact if I have questions during the (beta)?
If you have any questions or desire further information about this (beta) before or during participation, you may contact Paul Fijal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-970-3482.
Giving your consent means:
- You have read and understood the information in this page
- You have had enough time to think about the information provided
- You have been able to ask for advice, if needed
- You have been able to ask questions and have had satisfactory responses to your questions
- You understand that all of the information collected will be kept confidential
- You understand that your participation in this (beta) is voluntary
- You understand that you are free at any time to refuse to participate or to withdraw from this Beta at any time, and that this will not change the quality of care that you receive
- You understand that you are not waiving any of your legal rights as a result of giving consent
- You understand that there is no guarantee that this (beta) will provide any direct benefits to you
The parent(s)/guardian(s)/substitute decision-maker (legally authorized representative) is satisfied that the information contained in this page was explained to the person taking part in this Reveal Stories (beta) to the extent that he/she is able to understand it, that all questions have been answered, and that the person assents to participating in the (beta).
These Terms & Conditions are included in Reveal Stories (beta). Before using Reveal Stories (beta), you must indicate your consent by checking the appropriate box when creating your Reveal Stories (beta) account.